The purpose of the Blue Springs Chamber Business of the Year award is to recognize excellence in business.
Each year the Chamber recognizes businesses that are active members of the community and proud of what they have achieved in business.
Companies may nominate themselves, be nominated or nominate another company. Nomination forms are accepted from the end of September to the beginning of October. Forms will be available here during that time.
ALL 2017 nominated companies will be recognized by the Chamber at the December monthly luncheon. The 2017 winner will be announced at the Chamber’s Annual Banquet in January 2018.
“Winning the 2015 Business of the Year was an honor and privilege. Blue Springs is our home, and to be recognized as one of its leading businesses means the world to us. We wouldn’t want to be any where else.”
– Trisha Kennedy, Kennedy’s Custom Jewelers—2015 Winner
The Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year winner will be chosen with the following guidelines and criteria:
The guidelines are:
- Must be a Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce member in good standing.
- Must be in business for a minimum of three (3) years.
With consideration of the following criteria:
- Active member of the community and leadership role of owner(s) and/or staff in civic activities.
- Mission and stability of business and business practices.
- Gives generously of themselves and/or staff in time and resources to the community and/or Chamber.
Each year, businesses that are nominated are asked to provide information to a Selection Committee. This appointed Selection Committee confidentially reviews and evaluates the applications. The Selection Committee consists of the following: Past Chair of the Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce, Chairman or Previous Chairman of the Blue Springs Economic Development Council, the previous year’s Connector of the Year and two previous winners of the Business of the Year Award.
Previous Business of the Year Winners:
- 1993 – Kwik Kopy Printing
- 1999 – Blue Springs Ford
- 2000 – Meyer Brothers Building Company
- 2001 – Cochran, Oswald, McDonald, Roam & Moore
- 2002 – Lunar Bowl
- 2004 – Great American Gymnastic Express
- 2005 – Stewart Title
- 2006 – Haldex Corporation
- 2007 – St. Mary’s Medical Center
- 2008 – Side Pockets of Blue Springs
- 2009 – McDonald’s, McCamm Management
- 2010 – Hy-Vee Food & Drug Store
- 2011 – The Village Gardens
- 2012 – Office Products Alliance
- 2013 – Foster Dental Care
- 2014 – Lunar Bowl
- 2015 – Kennedy’s Custom Jewelers
- 2016 – St. Mary’s Medical Center